- Sweet Cecily's Social Media Coordinator/Assistant to Manager
- Community Project Manager - Common Cause
Sweet Cecily's Social Media Coordinator/Assistant to Manager
An exciting position has become available to join our small, friendly team in Whitby, North Yorkshire. The role is incredibly diverse with elements of production, social media content creation, Product development, dispatch, customer service and administrative duties.
If you have experience in social media marketing, are adaptable and can turn your hand to an array of tasks (with training!) then this is the perfect opportunity to broaden your skillset within a friendly, thriving company. There is opportunity for career progression for the right candidate.
- Experience in creating content for social media platforms.
- Excellent standard of written English
- Self-motivated (some lone working will be required)
- Exemplary organisation skills
- Able to work within tight deadlines/remain calm under pressure.
- An interest in being part in the next developmental stages of the business.
- A passion for Natural Skincare
- Computer literate (experience of using Microsoft word and Excel)
- An eye for detail and a sense of pride in your work
- Experience using Sage Line 50
- Customer service experience
- A good level of business knowledge/have run your own business.
- Knowledge of natural medicine/skincare
- Creative eye for photographs to be used for social media
- Manufacturing of products from start to finish e.g making lip balms, creams, lip balm kits, labelling and completing of relevant paperwork (full training will be given) - this role requires heavy lifting (containers can weigh up to 25kg)
- Processing of daily orders that come via all platforms e.g. website, email, phone, Not on the high street, Etsy etc.
- Regular stock takes of raw materials and finished products
- Managing and planning social media and marketing activities
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Assist, where needed, with production planning.
- Picking and packing orders with accuracy
- Active participation in product development and new product ideas.
- Responding to customer enquiries through email and across all of our selling platforms
We ask that you hold a level 3 qualification or higher.
Sweet Cecily’s is a pioneering skincare company based in Whitby. Specialising in natural and ethical products, with a focus on personalised gifts. We are part of Nature’s Laboratory Ltd, which is an existing company producing Herbal Medicine and Bee products.
We produce and distribute all our own products from our premises in Whitby.
Due to the products being popular for gifts, we become especially busy during the months of October- December and as such, the ability to work under pressure is essential.
We are looking for someone who can be adaptable, with a strong work ethic who is ready to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in to this varied yet fun and interesting role.
The Small Print
- Hours: 42.5 hours per week 8.30am – 5pm. Predominantly Monday to Friday although some evening and weekend work may be required through our busy period (late October up to mid/end December)
- Pay: We are a Real Living Wage employer and as such, the pay is £9.50 per hour
- Holiday: 28 days. Our holidays run from April to April.
How to Apply
To apply for the Social Media Coordinator/Assistant to Manager based in Whitby, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com stating how you feel you are suitable for the job and how you meet the person specification. The deadline for applications is Friday 6th August. Interviews will take place the week beginning 9th August.
We will aim to get back to you within 2-5 working days, thank you for your application.
Community Project Manager - Common Cause
Unfortunately there was a typo in the original email address on this listing - consequently we have not received any applications which have been submitted so far. In light of this we have extended the deadline to Saturday the 14th of August. If you've already applied, you will need to do so again, by sending your application to firstname.lastname@example.org - we will also accept new applications. Apologies for an inconvenience this may have caused.
Community Coordinator at Natures Laboratory Ltd & CEO Natures Laboratory Ltd
The Dispensary, 25 Skinner Street , Whitby YO21 3AH
The project manager will join a small team within Natures Laboratory to support and develop the work of Common Cause Community Interest Company . This role will include the operation of :
- Active management of The Dispensary -Natural health store at 25 Skinner Street Whitby
- Joint management of Breaking Bread Bakery with Esk Valley Camphill Community
- Promotion and operation of Common Cause - Wise Hands Workshop at Brereton Lodge Goathland
- Promotion and development of the Common Cause Events workshops
- Development of a volunteer base for the effective community operation of all the above
- Enthusiasm good humour and commitment
- Good communicator
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to develop a volunteer team
- Good customer relations skills
- Basic financial management skills (training can be given)
- Knowledge of natural products and ideas around holistic health
- A desire to develop social and cultural projects in the community
- Fundraising (training will be given)
- Full Driving License
The post is full time at a salary of £20,000 per year.
- Natures Laboratory is a SME focussed on researching, developing, manufacturing, and selling natural medicines (Herbal Apothecary and BeeVital Propolis). NL also now has a successful natural skincare brand - Sweet Cecily's.
- Formed in 2002, the company is one of 3 leading producers of herbal medicines in the UK and is a world leader in research into the medicinal potential of propolis, visit IPRG for more information.
- The Company has been responsible setting up the Social Enterprise Common Cause CIC trading as The Dispensary – Future Health Store and will be working closely with this initiative
- The Company has also been responsible for creating BEEARC, a combined Discovery and Research Centre which it would like to open in the summer of 2024.
- Threes Company is an initiative which offers a model for the development of healthy and sustainable organisations in all realms – social economic and cultural.
The Wider Opportunity
Working with Natures Laboratory offers the opportunity here to become part of a small community developing the economic, social, and cultural potential of Natures Laboratory alongside its sister initiatives Common Cause and BeeArc. We are building the healthy and sustainable enterprises of the future.
How to Apply
To apply for the role please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com (with subject heading Community Project Manager application) stating how you feel you are suitable for the job and how you meet the person specification. The deadline for applications is Saturday 14th August. Interviews will take place the week beginning 16th August.
We will aim to get back to you within 2-5 working days of the deadline, thank you for your application.